background and History
Whitefield Garrick Society has its roots in the Wartime Home Guard Concert Party.
During December 1942 and January 1943 the Home Guard staged a production of Journey's End by R.C. Sherriff, and the society was born.
For many years plays were presented in the All Saints Church Hall until 1975 when the rehearsal room, converted previously from a small machine shop in Bank Street, underwent a further transformation into a tiny theatre.
During the next few years the facilities were improved until in 2002 land was purchased and the present theatre was constructed.
In 2014-16 a new foyer, bar, kitchen and store were added. Again in 2016 improvements were made to the original part of the building increasing dressing room space, relocating some facilities and standardising decor.